I’ll likely get excited over these all over again on the “official launch” of the show this Wednesday, but might as well spread the joy now: there are some truly awesome shows coming this way over the course of June. A sampling (updated, as Steve St. Pierre reminded me about Old Crowns’ vinyl release party — I knew I wasn’t going to remember everything):
- Lisa Bozikovic and Ferriswheel at Raw Sugar Cafe on Friday, June 4th (eight bucks, 8:30pm)
- The Anybody at The Cajun Attic on Wednesday, June 9th (pay-what-you-can, 9pm)
- Rah Rah, Loon Choir + more at Cafe Dekcuf on Thursday, June 10th (seven bucks, I’ll guess 8pm)
- Library Voices + more at Mavericks on Thursday, June 17th (ten bucks, 8pm)
- Old Crowns + Jonathan Chandler (from Amos the Transparent) at Canteen on Sunday, June 20th (free admission, 3pm)
- Born Ruffians, Young Rival + more at Mavericks on Thursday, June 24th (thirteen bucks, 9:30pm)
- Great Bloomers + more at Cafe Dekcuf on Friday, June 25th (ten bucks, 8pm)
Obviously, there are so many more — and undoubtedly more to be added — and I’ll do my best to keep up the buzz over the next few weeks.
Speaking of buzz, there are also some great releases coming out this week that I will be spinning on Wednesday (excitement!). Get ready for some long-awaited new Born Ruffians and The Acorn tracks, among others, at 1pm this Wednesday on CHUO 89.1 FM.